When you see claims such as “over 300 different quotes” or “600+ insurers” you can’t help but get your fingers out to count how many brands you can actually name off-hand. If you’re going for cheap, that’s not a problem – if you want reliable and customer friendly then that is tough to gage as it is unlikely there will be plenty of review boards or forums dedicated to informing you about these hundreds of brokers standing next to the recognisable brand names. Just be aware. If you can get a brand name with renown service at a decent price when you compare motor, house, or any other insurance on one of these websites then it’s job done. Otherwise, you could end up just getting what you pay for! Compare Insurance Quotes >>
- Tesco Insurance Comparison Although they started out in food and drink, Tescos has branched out into clothing, financial services, electronics, the Internet, software, telecommunications, CD… » Get a Quote
- GoCompare.com Insurance Comparison Launched as recently as November 2006. Gocompare.com reckons it prepared 11.6 million car insurance quotations in its first two years and was turning out one million a month by the end of 2008. Its cheapest quote was £60.90 for a 52-year old man drivi … » Get a Quote
- USwitch Insurance Comparison uSwitch.com UK is a free online comparison and switching service that helps customers compare prices on a range of services including gas, electricity, home phone, broadband providers and personal finance products. Their aim is to help customers take advant … » Get a Quote
- Quotezone Insurance Comparison Proclaiming itself as a unique way to shop for insurance, Quotezone is actually another entrant in the comparison website market. It does put a lot of stress on the fact that it obtains quotations from a variety of insurers and brokers, and that dif … » Get a Quote
- Protected.co.uk Insurance Comparison Specialising in life insurance, this website searches more than 300 life insurance plans from twelve leading providers. These include mainly well-known names such as Aviva, Scottish Widows and LV. Cover is either provided on a decreasing term basis, which i … » Get a Quote
- AXA Sun Life Direct Insurance Services With retired chat show host Sir Michael Parkinson fronting its advertising campaigns and Gloria Hunniford and June Whitfield having previously fulfilled the same role, it is not surprising that Sun Life Direct specialises in the over 50s market. (Though dro … » Get a Quote
It started with car insurance comparison and has spread to almost every type of insuring. Unfortunately, whilst the websites offering to compare insurance quotes are streets ahead when it comes to the right software, processes and apps to get those quotes in front of you – the big name insurers you want compared have not really caught up. Whether Direct Line’s constant shouting out against every insurance comparison site has made others sceptical or whether they don’t want the hassle of providing up to date and complete information on their products, the majority of holiday and travel insurance comparison sections will return the brokers. Of course, there are no shortage of brokerages in the main car insurance comparisons either.
One thing you always have to remember is that saving £50 is of no consequence if the firm you sign up with has extortionate admin, excess or cancellation fees – unless you’re one of those amazing individuals that never has to phone their insurer for anything. It’s not uncommon to hear on our review boards of people who tried a motorcycle or house insurance comparison website, saved a few quid and got charges upward of £50+ when they needed to change details such as adding extra riders to a bike. Some home insurance comparison services do state the excess you will expect to pay but you need to check when the docs come through the post that you are getting those excesses quoted. Often when you compare home insurance it should really be based on the company itself and how easy they are to work with. Insuring your house often returns similar prices across most insurers, unlike when you compare car insurance quotes which can vary by thousands of pounds. It’s not worth saving a tenner on contents or buildings cover if the insurer is known to fight most claims.
To compare motorcycle insurance is the same as motor insurance comparison in that prices fluctuate wildly, depending on your circumstances and the type of client that insurer is looking for, so comparing websites can definitely lead you in the right direction. Other than those two types of insurances, the money you can save is often outwayed by the money you could lose extra charges you’ve never heard of before or one which only saves you money because they are very good are rejecting claims. Checking out the reviews boards on any company is always advisable before purchasing. †